Cyclists have to practice additional caution when they are on the road because they are more likely to be injured in an accident. Even if a cyclist is hit at a low speed, they can still suffer a back injury, neck injury and brain injury. Fortunately, staying alert will help you avoid a bike accident. Tips for safely riding a bike include:
- Wear Safety Equipment. You should always wear a helmet when you are riding a bike, no matter what. A helmet can greatly reduce your chances of suffering a serious head injury in an accident.
- Increase Your Visibility. You will need to wear bright colors in order to make sure that other people on the road see you. It is also a good idea to wear reflective stripes and patches in order to increase your visibility at night. Additionally, you can add lights to your bike.
- Training. It is a good idea to practice riding around your neighborhood or in a public park before you ride it in traffic. This will help build your confidence and prepare you for the hectic situations that you may encounter.
- Use Bike Lanes. You should use bike lanes whenever you can. Not only do bike lanes make things more convenient for you, but they also decrease your chances of being hit by a car.
- Stay off the Sidewalks. Many cyclists will try to avoid traffic by riding on the sidewalk. However, this can be dangerous. Not only will you be more likely to get hurt, but you may end up hitting a pedestrian.
Why You Need a Bicycle Accident Attorney
Even if you take all of the necessary precautions, you may still end up in an accident. If you get into an accident, then you can hire a personal injury lawyer in Westlake Village and Agoura Hills. Our bicycle accident lawyers in Westlake Village and Agoura Hills will help you get compensated for your damages.